Select a dataset from Minitab [url removed, login to view] or a dataset of your own that will enable you complete the tasks below.
1. DEFINE (10%) Describe (verbally) your dataset and improvement objectives.
2. MEASURE (20%) Describe the dataset using descriptive statistics. Use both graphical and numerical statitics to show where the data is centred and how much variation is in the process. Determine the current process capability. (Choose your own specification limits if the specification limits are not given for your dataset).
3. ANALYSE (20%) Explore differences in the output for different inputs. Use inferential statistics to state with confidence whether there is a difference in the output for different inputs. (If your chosen dataset has only one input variable then divide your datasets into 2 sets and compare one set with the other set).
4. IMPROVE (20%) Describe how you would use Design of Experiments to improve the process. Include the design that you would use.
5. CONTROL (20%) Construct a control chart for your data. Define an out-of-control action plan.
Discuss your findings and recommendations (10%)