1. 15 page Bio-chemistry paper on protein extraction and analysis. It includes: cation exchange chromatography, sds page, activity assay (initial velocity), Bradford assay and crystallisation of lysozyme
2. The report has to be similar to the one done by Burgess et al (attached with this message. Please refer to pictures titled Burgess1, Burgess2, Burgess3, Burgess4, Burgess 5 and Burgess 6 as included in the zip file attached with this message).
3. Please refer to the “Lysozyme Project Criteria” for the detailed requirements and marking scheme in order to understand the requirements better.
4. No bullet points are to be used. All information must be in the form of a report.
5. All the figures have to be included without any titles or captions beneath them
6. All equations for figures should be on the graph
7. In the appendix all figures should have a trendline y=mx+c or quadratic if that’s appropriate (although i don’t think it should be).
8. You also need to calculate the initial velocity for each fraction, include calculations in a table in the results.
9. Everything needs to be referenced in Harvard referencing style and cited as it is in the paper by Burgess et al.
10. Just like the Burgess et al paper, the introduction should immediately follow the abstract but there should be no headings for different sections in the report (including introduction).
11. There is a picture attached, which shows all of the figures and tables required that are required for this report. (Refer to file titled “activity assay” in the zipped folder).
12. The discussion questions need to be answered in the report but not in a question-answer formant it needs to be like a journal article.
13. You’ll need to make up a table for the volumes of each fraction collected, as these were not recorded at the time. You should be able to mould it out from the paper, not very much for fraction E (that had the least volume by quite a bit; maybe like 4mls.
14. The SDS page gel figure has to be labeled on each lane it goes A on the left darkest blot to E on the far right with the single band at the end of the gel. Need to talk in the discussion with focus on fraction E as that is supposed to be the most pure sample. I’ve added the crystals from each concentration of commercial lysozyme i thought was best (what the teacher asked me to do)
15. All references used must be academic references. They should not include websites. Try your best to only use those references from the last 10 years as much as possible.
16. The page titled “Lysozyme-standar-curve-for-Adam-Data”, it is not the client’s work, however, it has to be included in the report and credit has to be given to “Gynna M Sierra”
1. This is a project on Project on extracting lysozyme,, includes: a report written in the format like the report done by Burgess et al. attached to this email.
2. Please go through all the all the attached documents.