AutoCAD 3D Modeling & NavisWorks Coordination
This project received 10 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $20 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$15 - $25 USD / hour
Denver-based security electronics contractor is seeking a BIM / VDC Coordinator to perform the following duties. The BIM / VDC Coordinator will be responsible for the development, publication, coordination, and revision of custom 3D electronic security system models that are fully coordinated with all other project trades and are an exact representation of the components and systems that will be utilized on the project. The right candidate will perform all of the duties listed below within the allotted project schedule and budget in a manner in which will enhance the company’s ability to work efficiently during installation, while being trained as a Senior BIM / VDC Coordinator, or Project Manager. Interaction with or without customers and end users with the oversight of a Project Manager or Engineer will be required. Very limited travel (less than 10% maximum) will be required, and the right individual can be located anywhere in the continental United States.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• BIM experience utilizing AutoCAD 3D (MEP or Electrical), NavisWorks Manage & Timeliner, Revit MEP, and Synchro 4D
• Advanced PC skills, specifically in a Windows environment, including collecting and analyzing data in Excel and creating documents and preparing correspondence in Outlook, and Word
• Associates Degree in Electronic Drafting or a related field (or equivalent experience)
• Ability to read and generate exact three-dimensional representations of low-voltage security system components (racks, devices, conduit, workstations, etc.) from floor plans, schematics, wiring diagrams, detail drawings, functional block diagrams, and product data sheets
• Organized and able to multi-task with limited direction (proactive)
• Strong organizational and logic skills
• General electrical system knowledge and/or conduit system coordination experience
• Enthusiastic attitude with ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines with an excellent work ethic
• Strong mathematical and visualization skills
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Constant and thorough communication with project management, engineering, and fabrication
• Attend project coordination meetings and negotiate with other trade contractors regarding the placement of all security electronics system components with the goal of enhancing the placement of security electronics devices for maximum installation efficiency
• Employ clash detection software to eliminate conflicts
• Ensure Security System receives priority in the MEP coordination process
• Coordinate supplementary items such as equipment supports and hangers, floor and wall penetrations, mechanical requirements, structural requirements, and electrical requirements
• Assist Project Manager with material takeoffs
• Assist Project Manager with tasks stemming from MEP coordination: RFI (Request for Information) support, review of construction documents, etc.
• Participate in jobsite “walk downs” with trade contractors, design professionals, subcontractors, and installation crews
• Develop installation drawings from coordinated layouts
• Support coordinated system through fabrication, factory testing, on-site installation, commissioning, and O&M manual generation by providing timely model updates and revisions
• Mentor and train peers and managers on the nuances of BIM / VDC
• Perform company-wide trainings on BIM / VDC topics for engineers and project managers
• Complete documents and forms for department process/procedure improvement
The immediate need is for modeling of 1 equipment room and 2 control rooms housing computers and electronic equipment, but could lead to a much more steady BIM / VDC position on future projects (or this project).
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online