Chevrolet Camaro for 3D Engine
This project was successfully completed by armasuionut for $200 USD in 60 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In60 days
The main goal is to create VERY detailed, chevrolet camaro 68 z28 model with exterior and interior. Openable doors, trunk and bonnet.
The quality of this model should match the quality of the models from games like: Grand Turismo 6, Forza 5, Project CARS because it will be displayed "as in showroom".
As technical aspect of this task is crucial, please read carefully following specification before posting Your offer.
We are using our own 3D properitary engine to display interactive 3D, photorealistic quality graphics. We are looking for a skilled and experienced artist
with a history record working with 3D engines. This task is a one shot, but may result in long term cooperation in a future.
Please make sure that you follow the below recommendations to ensure that you creation will be hardware-acceleration friendly
and thus compatible with our requirements. For exporting to our engine, we will use our own, custom build plugin.
Below technical requirements/guidelines MUST BE followed when making this model:
- Use only a single material per mesh. Please avoid multi-material meshes as those will need to be decomposed for interactive display and give less predictable results;
- Use triangular meshes or make sure that your creation looks well after preforming 3ds MAX's default tessellation algorithm;
- Make sure that you don't overstep our triangles budget (about 500k - 1mln triangles whole car -- that is the set of your meshes); I stress it up: triangles, not polygons, not vertices.
- Try to use as small number of meshes as possible; if you need to model some local feature, try using texture maps instead of breaking up the mesh into smaller pieces;
- Use bitmap based texture maps not procedural ones;
- Please use well established hardware-friendly materials -- the ones using normal maps, height maps, specular, glossiness, diffuse, ambient and emission textures to describe local non-uniformity of the mesh's surface;
We will require: normal, diffuse, specular exponent, glossiness and emission (if applicable) maps. AO, depth and shadow maps are optional but welcome.
We have skilled programer, and we want this model to look like real one but still be usable in 3d engine. Fine details should be textures.
- If you use height maps, make sure that their single component value relates to the direction of the local (obtained from normal map) normal vector;
- Please make sure that mesh's normal vectors are assigned per-vertex and actually look good (not flipped) and as with materials try assigning vertices of a single mesh into a single smoothing group;
- We will probably be using the most simple (node-transformation-based) animation system so there is no need for rigging, but please make sure that your creation will be well suited for this animation system by following the below recommendations;
- When you create separate meshes for parts of the object such as car doors, the bonnet and so forth please make sure that the local coordinate origin is coincidental with the usual (for such an element) pivot point or one of the rotation axes;
For instance, when the doors open in horizontal plain, think about building them with theoretical hinges placed on the vertical axis.
- For lighting: Anything apart from standard Phong/Blinn will need to be hand-coded by us.
So it's preferable that you express the desired look in this simple lighting model framework.
If you need to make something transparent use alpha channel of an RGBA bitmap texture. Chrome will show up but will be simulated using static cube-map.
-Please note that we may ask you to prepare masks for specular lighting component for some parts of the model.
If you would also find it useful you can apply bitmap textures to represent the specular exponent (in the usual 8-bit range of 0-255 or in fact with any scaling/offset that you will dim appropriate).
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online