Import Spreadsheet Data to 3DS Max Design as Colored Splines for Data Visualization
This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $219 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I would like to be able to import data from a spreadsheet and have that data represented as splines in 3DS Max with the color of the spline controlled from a value in the data. Much the same as the CFD flow lines in Autodesk's Simulation packages. (I have attached an example pic)
I have found a simple Max Script that can import however I would like more functionality as it simply creates a single spline only.
Time/frame, Name/ID, Group Name, X coordinate, Y coordinate, Z coordinate, Color Value
1) Compatible with 3DS Max Design 2012
2) Separate splines to be created for each string of X,Y,Z, coordinates based on an ID.
3) Each Spline to be named based on ID value from data.
4) Each segment of Spline to be colored based on the value in the data.
Additional features (but not essential for version 1)
5) Splines to be (growth) animated based on each set of coordinates (eg. key framed to each line of data)
6) Ability to set default Radial Thickness value for spline rendering.
This is just the first of many projects I will require to be done, so hoping to find someone that is fast, reliable and produces high quality work.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online