We are looking for a simple background model (ground, hills & matching skybox texture) for a 3D driving game. The track and the cars are the main graphical focus of the game (and outside this project). What is needed is some interesting enough looking surroundings for the track.
The terrain could be a desert, rocky hills or a canyon.
- Far away silhouette (e.g. mountains) 0 basic terrain into one mesh.
- Include elements with elevation, that rise higher next to the track. Any such elements e.g. rocks, stone pillars, high hills that will be closer, should be separate meshes that we can move around the scene as needed by track design (out of the way of the track).
- The whole background scene needs to have less than 1000 polygons (so rather simple indeed). Use those polys creatively to make the surroundings look as detailed and interesting as you can.
- It needs to be textured (use e.g. [url removed, login to view] or another resource without copyright issues) but it doesn't need normal maps (nor sculpting).
- If you can provide a matching skybox (to put around the world of the terrain mesh) that would be great.
A good example would be e.g. the rock pillar surroundings in this youtube video: [url removed, login to view]
- Delivery preferably in 3DS Max format. We will use the model inside the Unity game engine.
- Everything needs to be copyright free - we should be able to use the result as we like.
In pitching, any references to similar previously done models (by you) are a big plus.
We will make several of these surroundings preferably with the same great provider. However, here you are pitching for one surrounding only.
Thanks for reading!
32 freelancers are bidding on average $281 for this job
Hi, I'm a professional game artist with over 9 years of experience. 1000 polys is plenty to work with in creating a 'background' scene. I can also provide a skybox to go with it, no problem.