We have a translation project that involves translating company collateral material that is in English into 3 languages: Chinese, Japanese, and Arabic. There are six separate documents with page and word counts detailed in the following table:
Document # of Pages Estimated # of Words
Product 1 2 965
Product 2 2 1100
Product 3 2 1090
Product 4 4 1620
Product 5 2 1150
Co. Overview 2 950
1. All documents are in the In Design format and must be returned translated in that format.
2. All documents must be approved by our local representatives before payment is made. (incorrectly translated materials will be returned unused).
3. The documents include technical information and network terminology that must be translated so as not to lose any meaning.
4. A proof of capability must be provided by translating one (to be supplied by us) paragraph (approximately 100 words) from English into each of the three languages before the contract is awarded. No payment will be made for the proof of capability. Proof of capability must be received within 5 business days after receipt of the 100 word paragraph.
5. All source documents must be translated and returned within 10 business days of being awarded the contract. Any suggested improvements or corrections received from us after initial delivery must be returned to us corrected within 3 business days.
6. You may bid on one, two, or all three translations.
7. Successful translators will receive other opportunities (other languages, other materials).