At FXhome, we produce the very best filmmaking and photography software for content creators and photographers all over the world. We’re the multi-talented crew of coders and creatives behind HitFilm, Ignite, Imerge and Action Pro.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Motion Graphics Artist (CONTRACTOR / FREELANCER) to contribute to our award winning products and help deliver on our mission: to give every artist the tools to make something cool.
You’ll create a wide variety of high-quality, useful title templates and motion graphic elements (such as lower thirds, transitions, accent animations, etc.) for our users: from YouTubers, gamers, vloggers, filmmakers, and motion graphics artists to award-winning directors and breakout viral stars.
What you'll be doing
* Identifying what kind of designs our users would be interested in (using information from surveys, comments, inferring based on our demographics, and taking inspiration from relevant popular films/TV);
- This can include creating just a single “movie title recreation” project, or can extend to a simpler “pack of social media popups”, for example
* Creating titles/motion designs in a way that makes it easy for our users to include and customise to fit their projects.
What you’ll need
Experience with software:
* HitFilm (content will be given away as a project file) would be desirable;
* After Effects, if needed to render assets out for use in HitFilm;
* Photoshop/Imerge Pro/equivalent;
* Blender/equivalent 3D knowledge helpful but not required.
* 2D title/mograph animation: keyframing, creating shapes, using effects to enhance the design;
* Familiarity with the effects and capabilities of HitFilm;
* Knowledge of colour theory and how it works to create eye-catching and attractive designs;
* Project file management: the ability to create a neat and tidy project that could be understood by anyone opening it.
We often recreate movie titles for tutorials ([login to view URL]). Take a look at the types of the cool stuff you’ll be helping to create.
Game On intro ([login to view URL])
Retro original design ([login to view URL])
Lower third ([login to view URL])
Think you’ve got what it takes? Then we’d love to hear from you with the following information:
* Portfolio examples of high-quality, useful title templates and motion graphic elements (such as lower thirds, transitions, accent animations, etc.) you've created.
* Your level of experience with After Effects or HitFilm Pro
* Your hourly/daily rate (and any other related costs)
* Your availability over the next 6 months as this content will be an ongoing weekly need.
Location is not a problem as all work will be completed remotely.