NOTE: We are requesting unreal engine as a lot of the assets required are in hand. If you can do it on Unity or even web, we can talk...
So we are looking for an unreal engine developer for a long term project, and our recruitment process will go like this:
A trial: This is what this initial small project is all about. We want to explore your capabilities in practice via a simple task that shows your initial know-how, device resources (which is crucial for this kind of work), punctuality, communication and speed of execution.
A pilot project: That’s step two, where the serious business begins. We sign an NDA and we start working on a pilot phase of the project, which we will show to our waiting funding partners to get their feedback and notes.
The project: If all is well, we get into the project which may take between 6 months and 1 year of work, so you need to be sure you are able to commit to the project for that long.
The Trial project:
– You will use a ready made virtual studio like this one: [login to view URL]
– You will add 3 avatars properly in three various locations in the studio (Example: behind the desk, on the couch, on a chair). The avatar should have a welcoming friendly features. At least one of the avatars will be metahuman (you can use the ready made avatars like this one: [login to view URL]
– You will add three buttons that will take us from one Avatar to another. The transition could be done based on a camera-view concept like you see in this video: [login to view URL]
– You will create one more button that when I click, a modal pops up (or something else serving the same purpose), in that modal I can select a wave audio file from my desktop and click “stream”. When I do so:
1) you take that audio and save it in a specific destination in your project and rename it as Audio_st.
2) The avatar I have on the screen says that audio by applying lip sync* with proper avatar movement of head and hands (not based on the audio content of course, just a standard animation movement that “brings the avatar to life”)
* We will send you the code made by Fractured Fantasy as you can see in the playlist here: [login to view URL]
But it’s your job to add it to your project and make sure it works properly to provide quality lipsync (or use your own code if you have something better), our intention from sending you the code is to try to make it easier and time efficient for you to deliver quality outcome, but that part is solely your responsibility as a professional developer.
The whole system should work offline on windows 64, with no requirements to make any further payments to make for any third party for the system to work as intended. You can send us the exe of the project first if you want so we confirm if this is ok. Then on delivery, we expect to get the full source code, properly structured and commented where needed so we build it ourselves and test the exe that it generates.