Flash object or Java applet that can be embedded on a web page to fetch a file from a remote server and send it to an ip address and port on the client side LAN.
1) url to fetch
2) ip address
3) tcp port
Then display a button on the page and when the button is pressed fetch the url and send it *unchanged* to the network ip:port specified
Would be nice of the colours, text and text size of the button can also be read from vars.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Saturday Jun 5, 2010 10:44:02 AM:
Fetch file with http(s) then send it to a raw tcp socket on a printer File will already be in the correct binary format for the printer/socket receiving it
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Jun 7, 2010 4:25:28 AM:
Guys, thank you all for your bids.
However I think this is actually a much smaller job than you seem to think.
This is as simple as
1) Reading some variables from the page (trivial)
2) Display button (trivial)
3) When button is pressed fetch a url via http (trivial)
4) Open a socket connection to an address:port on the local lan and send the file to the opened connection.
Java can definitely do the socket connection and in flash, the socket object can do it also!
Please re-evaluate your bids - I do not believe this to be a $500 job.