Looking for a person to help in the development of an exciting Powerpoint Addin for a small startup. With an existing code base developed over the last 5 years, we continuously want to improve our offering to customers. This project will require you to implement fixes to the current code base, as well as develop new features on a regular basis.
To win this work, a shortlist of candidates will go through to the final assessment to develop a new features, and based on the quality, speed and accurate capturing of requirements, may be selected for the first major project and then potentially ongoing work at an agreed rate.
The successful candidate be will required to pass the following requirements:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English language (will be tested via Skype interview)
- Ability to quickly understand handle a complex existing code base of 10k-20k lines of code
- Develop innovative features in VB.NET for Office PowerPoint Extensions
- Have 5+ years of experience in VB.NET, NetOffice, Visual Studio 2010 or later
- Deliver quality work on schedule
- Go above and beyond requirements where possible
- An individual who is looking for ongoing work (at least 1 week per month full time)
- Show example code and executable of project work they have completed where they have extended the Office Ribbon with new features, customised icons, and taskpanes
Applicants are encouraged to apply and provide a response showing how they have met the requirements above. General responses of interest without specifically addressing the requirements above will be rejected immediately.
We are looking for a person (not a business) who can work on this project and be part of an exciting business that helps our customers be more productive in Powerpoint everyday.