We are Localization Academy and we’re looking for a video editor who is reliable and has attention to detail to take care of the audio & video of all our content.
Our podcast, called "The Localization Podcast", lives in both audio and video format. The recording is typically up to 2 hours long, recorded on Cast (audio) + OBS (video from zoom session).
We are also currently developing an online course that would need some work as well.
As our video editor, your main job would be:
- noise reduction, compression
- scrub the recording and remove obvious issues and long pauses
- add our existing music + intro we'll record to the MP3
- sync the video with audio
- do a simple color correction
- this is a sneaky test, mention "bish" in your application if you notice this
- apply the video layout based on previous videos
- add intro scene + end screen to the MP4
- deliver MP3 and MP4 to me + the Premiere project (YES, Adobe Premiere is required)
Based on our previous experience here, these are further requirements:
1. Be communicative. We’re curious to learn about your process and how we can work more efficiently. We also have a keen eye (and ear) for detail, so we'll be asking about things you did. Be prepared to answer the questions so that we don't feel like we’re working with a robot.
All our content also has a consistent schedule for posting and we expect to receive your work before the posting dates. Should there be any delays for some reason, communicate that to us and let us know what is going on. Can you do this?
2. Be creative. We've been doing the whole editing by ourselves for a long time, and we want to work with someone who thinks about ways to take our content to the next level. Doesn’t have to be anything crazy. Please include a link to your portfolio or any previous work that we can check.
3. Apply with the rate you're going to actually use. We’ve added a budget for a reason. If you submit $15 per hour and then expect to be paid $25, save us both time and just don't apply.
4. Shortlisted applicants will have to go through an unpaid test where we can assess their skills. If you are not willing to do it, please don’t apply.
We do other video content as well, so hoping for a long-term partnership on other projects.
Thanks for your application!
37 freelancers are bidding on average $18/hour for this job
What's the theme of the podcast? How many episodes do you plan on doing per month? Contact me so we could talk about it. P.S. A couple of my recent profile reviews were podcast projects, feel free to take a look.