servant leader.....You will create a You Tube Video (5-7 mins) summarizing your service project
and the impact it had on you and the community you served. How you create the
video is up to you, but I will give extra points for creativity and production quality
(if its good enough it might be even something we link to our primary web site).
Most of our phones have the ability to do this, but there are many types of free
and paid video editing software to use. Such as; Final Cut, Avid, I-movie, etc..
Therefore, take your time and produce a good video. Please get permission of the
site you are serving before you film any of their location or the people they serve,
often times they will allow you to film the process but not the people (for their
dignity). Your video must also include the following elements (not necessarily in
1. The class definition/model of Servant Leadership and how you understand it.
2. Your synthesized definition of Servant Leadership.
3. The name company/nonprofit/area you served, a very brief history on what
they do, their mission, and how they help others.
4. Why you chose that company you decided to serve with?
5. What did you learn about yourself through this experience? What was the
impact it had on you?
6. What did you learn about others? What was the impact it had on those you
served, were you able to illustrate some of what we learned about in class, by
loving, serving, modeling, showing humility or empowering others?
7. How did this impact your faith?
8. How did this experience help improve your leadership? are there areas of
growth needed in your lives, could you make this part of your habit from
now on? Are there changes that need to be made?
9. Is there something you could apply to life today from your experiences
serving others in this way? Is there a way this could become a part of your
routine, habits, etc.?
10. How can we get involved in serving with this organization/nonprofit/area,
etc.? Here are some good resources for ideas or starting places for this project: