We have 2 cheap Android based tablets (see link below) which we would like to customize.
7" tablet - [url removed, login to view]
10.2" tablet - [url removed, login to view]
We would like to restrict the tablets to running just one app constantly, and controlling the tablet through that app. We'd also like to lock this setting so no one can change the tablet and use it to download other apps, etc.
The app will be a video gallery that will display videos stored on the hard drive, or accessed via the USB and miniSD inputs. The app must:
- Be HTML5 based, and built on a HTML5 video player (please contact me if this will be a problem).
- Transcode a variety of codecs ([url removed, login to view], mpeg 2-4, DivX, Xvid, AVI).
- Display videos in full frame (no letter boxing or borders, I'd rather clip the image than the screen).
- Access WiFi settings to be able to access an internet connection.
- Have the capability to connect to a website and online gallery (to be developed).
- Feature a full frame white screen in the settings to help correct screen burn.
- Interface must have a simple, yet sleek design.
Most of all, once this app has been developed, we will require an easy installation technique so that we can flash any future tablets we may purchase from our offices. (Office is Mac based).
Again, all other features for the tablet need to be restricted and locked to prevent the tablets being used for any purposes other than what we intend.
Please contact me if you have any questions. We're open to changing/updating the OS if you feel the tablets are capable of handling it, and if it will improve their performance.
*Note: Please provide examples of similar apps that you have developed.