The Garden is a global Community of the Curious that connects people who love to learn with passionate experts and with each other. Our vision is to cultivate curiosity and conversation, enabling anyone to access and be inspired by knowledge and ideas.
We are currently in beta and are hosting livestream Talks by academics and other experts (our fellows) from all over the world via our platform. These Talks are filmed as a livestream and are also recorded locally so they can be made available for members to watch on-demand. Each Talk session lasts 45 minutes.
We are looking for an experienced videographer with livestream and local recording capabilities to film our Fellows on location in their home or office environment in the New York City area.
- Attend the Talent’s home or office and set up a filming environment in line with Spec Sheet requirements (clean background with minimal clutter)
- Run technical checks with The Garden’s production team prior to go-live. This is a live stream talk and there is no possibility for reshoots
- Make the Talent feel comfortable with the set up and the recording experience. These are not individuals who regularly speak to camera
- The Talent will need to be able to see and access a laptop (theirs or yours) with The Garden presenter interface (browser based) visible and accessible throughout the Talk so they can see important messages from the moderator and select slides to be shown (pre-uploaded to platform).
- No post production editing is required; recording should be uploaded to a dropbox and shared with client after the filming session.
- Expected time requirements: 2-4 hours per Talk depending on travel to venue (1 hour set up & prep, 45 minute live Talk, 15-30 minute breakdown and wrapup)