I’m looking for a talented and dedicated personal and business assistant who can work with me throughout the week on an "as needed" basis. There are a variety of assignments that come up from week to week, plus personal items that need support, and I hope this will be a long-term assignment for the right candidate, someone who is honest and professional.
I'm an organized person and I prefer to work with organized, professional, business-minded people who can keep projects and tasks flowing smoothly. I use Google Docs to organize my work and all of the tasks I assign are located there, and I will also email tasks to you so you can add them there. I also use "voice notes", which are audio files of me speaking to you about a task I need done. You can listen to the audio file then add the task to the task list on Google Docs. Of course, this is a shared document we can both access and update. This helps to keep things organized and flowing smoothly.
Here are some of the qualities I'm looking for in an assistant:
1. Professional and organized.
2. Excellent writing ability and U.S. English speaking skills.
3. Ability to think tasks through to completion, as well as offer suggestions that improve our work. Be an independent thinker and self-starter.
4. Ability to conduct internet research and organize databases - excellent typing skills.
5. Knowledge of Google Drive, Google Docs, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
6. Help to communicate and organize the work of others, as requested.
7. Courteous and respectful in how you deal with others.
8. Knowledge of social media and how to update fan pages; write for social media.
9. Ability to learn new software - understanding of technology.
10. Strong administrative abilities - understand how to read tasks and take the lead to get tasks done independently. Take initiative to figure things out, and educate me as a result.
11. Strong awareness of timeframes for completing tasks - getting things done promptly, usually within 24 hours, depending on the task. Daily communication on weekdays is required. Different time zone is okay with me.
12. Be highly confidential.
13. Someone who is available, responsive, and able to respond quickly to messages and tasks - possess great communication skills.
14. You will need modern, reliable technology and internet connection so we can handle tasks and stay in touch.
15. A call line will be provided if you are asked to make calls or leave messages.
Here is a sampling of the kinds of tasks that come up:
1. Doing internet research (subjects will vary for both personal and business).
2. Organizing research into a Google Docs Excel spreadsheet (examples will be provided).
3. Organizing and building databases.
4. Assisting with development and project management tasks.
5. Making calls for all sorts of tasks for both personal and business; preferred, but not required.
6. Assisting with event production tasks.
7. Appointment setting.
As an employer, I have over 20 years of experience, about half of those working in the virtual environment. I can assure you a rewarding working relationship where you will learn new things and make meaningful contributions. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.
This project will be approximately 10 hours per week to start.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!