This is basically filling in forms for filing patent applications, and sending in lists of references discovered searching. It is very helpful if you have a recent Adobe Acrobat (not just the reader) or some other program for permitting you to edit pdfs.
It is very helpful if you know your way around MSOffice.
It is very helpful if you can find the forms on the USPTO website. I'll explain how to do that.
You need to have some sort of IT support. I don't want to have my schedule upset if your computer breaks.
It is always helpful if you can look things up in the Manual of Patent Examining Procedure and/or the code of federal regulations (I can explain all of that).
Communications are very important for working remotely. I would communicate with you largely by Email. It is very important that you:
1. Acknowledge an assignment when you get it (reply emai).
2. Give me an estimated time to complete (I'll tell you if its urgent). The good part is that the patent office typically gives a response time of 3 months, so there is rarely a huge rush.
3. Later on, if it turns it you can't meet the estimated time to complete, let me know. Don't make me ask you.
This is part time work (10 - 20 hours per week), but it is ongoing. It would be great if I could find someone to work with for a long time.
There are some advantages:
1. Work from home. No commute!!
2. For the most part you can set your own schedule.
3. You will be learning transferable skills.
4. You might find it interesting to learn how the United States Patent and Trademark Office works.
It would be nice to find someone who is not too expensive, but my biggest priority is reliability and good communications. If you are not already familiar with patent law, I could start you at $15/ hour, but as you learn I'm happy to move you up.
I hope this will not be considered contact information, but I think it helps if you know I'm in the Seattle area. It always be nice to find someone reasonably close.
62 freelancers are bidding on average $5043 for this job
6+ years as VA experience.High speed 4.5 DSL connection. Has latest Acrobat requirement. Checked both MPEP and Patent and Trade Office sites. I am your girl.
I have a good experience of freelance work. I have high speed broad band internet connection. Please be satisfied that there will be no intruptin our communication.