I have an Excel 2010 spreadsheet which is streaming in live market data. I need to send an output to a web service whenever certain cell values hit certain criteria I have set.
I have done this using Excel, but I believe Excel will not be able to scan so many symbols continuously without crashing/hanging.
I believe the solution lies in a Shared Add-in for Excel. I am also open to suggestions of any other kind.
a) Trigger an alert when figures in certain cells hit certain rules or values at certain intervals. I will supply the rules.
b) Relay that output to a web service.
b) Able to define the start and end times of the "scanning"
c) The generated output must be able to have user-defined text, and cell-referenced values
d) Timed alert - at times which I can specify, trigger an output with header of user-defined text and cell-referenced values
e) Timed population of data - at times which I can specify, a macro to execute copying a column of data and pasting it to another column in the Excel spreadsheet
f) A log to show the outputs generated in the day.
I will not respond to bids that say "Let me try this, or I am good at this, etc etc."
To be shortlisted, you should preferably be:
1) A native English speaker, or at least a good command of working English
2) Extensive experience in Excel, VBA, macros. C# .NET etc or other languages that can create Shared Add-ins.
3) Some basic knowledge of financial markets
4) Experience in coding for financial applications (pls state type of work done)
5) Experience in scanning for data changes in large and constantly changing datasets
6) In order to be shortlisted, please state how you understand my requirements, and how you would approach the solution.