I would like an Outlook add-in created for a simple script that pops up a confirmation message if a user sends to an external recipient only (ie not internal email addresses in our GAL). The pop should say "are you sure you want to send this email?" with a Yes/No answer. See attached screenshot as an example.
This pop up is similar to Outlook's built-in prompt when you delete an email. You get a "are you sure you want to delete this message" box.
I already have this code working in VBA and added to the [url removed, login to view] file. However, distributing this across an enterprise is not convenient or pretty. Hence I would prefer a more robust Outlook addin. I can supply this VBA code if this is useful.
1. The addin must work with Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2010 (seperate addin's if necessary)
2. The addin should be easy to deploy (I presume either .exe or .msi format for mass deployment).
3. The addin should be reliable, bug free and continue working when Outlook is running as a background task.
4. The addin should only fire when an outbound SMTP email addresses is included in either To, CC or BCC fields.
5. The addin should *not* fire if only internal recipient addresses are included in these fields.
6. The addin should fire if there is a mix of internal and external addresses.
Please reply with...
1. Descriptions of similar C# Outlook programming examples
2. A description of how you would program this popup
3. Limitations or problems we may encounter
4. Your method of packaging for easy deployment.
9 freelancers are bidding on average £342 for this job
Hi I have over 3 years of experience in these technologies and have completed projects in GAF for other employers successfully to their utmost [login to view URL] consider my [login to view URL] to start.Thanks.