This project is to write functions to convert a list of lift data into camshaft profile data for three types of followers
1. flat follower (translating)
2. roller follower (translating)
3. roller follower (pivoting rocker-arm)
The input will be an array of lift values (y) for each degree of rotation of the cam.
Other inputs include:
1. The base circle of the cam
2. The type of follower
3. The radius of the follower (if it is a roller or curved)
4. The offset (if it is a roller follower)
5. The pivot point (if it is a pivoting follower like a rocker-arm)
I am working in vb.net 2005 but if your code is clear, I can convert it myself from another language.
I have some books with explanations of the formula but I don't know the math to implement them.
I have placed some examples of the math required in the clarification section. You can look at it to see if this project is for you.