I have a program made in VB.NET 2005 with SQL Server 2008 as a database.
Program is working fine but I need to make some additions in code.
1. make changes in form - in form are currently some formulaes (easy ones like A/B) that make some calculations. I need to make changes and add new formulaes so that when Date year is >=2012 we implement new formulaes and display it on form.
So in this case we will add new formulaes and display it on form.
a) currently on form are displayed all formulaes. This is working fine and we do not change this in case when Date year is <2012. Print and all is working fine in this case. Note: formulaes are displayed in labels.
b) in case when Date year is >=2012, we have to display additional 7 formulaes. So this is are additional ones that we have to display on form. Sum will also change due to this. We have to make form changes (enlarge form in this case as it will not fit all on form. It is because we are adding 7 more labels for formulaes so form must be resized. We can do it two ways: enlarge it in running mode "on the fly", OR use different designer resx file (I think resx is how design of form is defined).
This part is not difficult as I know how it should be done.
So when Date year is <2012 we keep formulaes and display as it is now working already.
2. We need to make printing for new formulaes same way as in step 1 with IF statement. There is print form made already but we just need to update it for new fields for step 1b).
3. Save data
we need to save one more field to table. We use same logic as it is already made for other fields. You just need to add one more field to save method.
4. for step 3, we need to update table in database and add this field with query so that we can save to it. Of course table already exist.
5. Make new form to display data based on query retrieved data:
Company name Date 1 Date 2 Value
This all fields are in table in database and we must retrieve data by query. We can display data in grid. Printing, exporting is supported automatically with Devexpress grid (no coding required for this). There are 2 tables linked with relations but should be simple query, nothing difficult.
Tasks are not difficult and pretty much straightforward.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Nov 7, 2011 8:08:35 AM:
Hi, I am ready to start on this project from tomorrow or this week. Project uses VB2005 with SQL Server Express 2008, and Devexpress controls 6.3.3 This is something I cannot change (upgrade to new version). We can work 2 ways: a) I can send you project with Devexpress 6.3.3. trial version b) you can work on my computer with Team viewer. The advantage with Team viewer is that you do not have to install project and devexpress and I can help you greatly in code as I know code of this project (also I know basics coding). Both is fine with me. Please let me know is this ok for you and when can you start.