I am looking to have a desktop application that will allow users to draw electrical diagrams. I want it to have some of the functionality from Visio 2003 where
- On the left there is a list of circuit symbols which can dragged onto the main work area.
- Multiple symbols can be dragged onto the draw area
- For now I am just interested in having the symbols of a battery, wire, switch and lamp
(as shown in the attached image)
- When you draw a wire it can connect to a component, so when you move the component on screen,
everything connected moves with it.
- Multiple wires can be joined together but are treated as the same wire,
- When you highlight an area using the mouse, everything in side the highlighted area can be moved
at the same time. The wires should extend accordingly
The extra bit
When I can draw a circuit diagram as stated above, I want each component to know what it is connected to. For example battery 1 knows it is connected to wire 1, wire 1 knows it is fed from battery 1 and it feeds switch 1 and switch 2, switch 1 knows it is fed from wire 1 and feeds wire 2 and so on.
I want to be able to draw the attached simple circuit and for all the components to know what they are attached to.
The program can be written in [url removed, login to view] (2005) or VB6. I would prefer VB6 but will accept [url removed, login to view]