I am looking to have a desktop application that will allow users to draw electrical diagrams. I want it to have some of the functionality from Visio 2003 where
- On the left there is a list of circuit symbols which can dragged onto the main work area.
- Multiple symbols can be dragged onto the draw area
- For now I am just interested in having the symbols of a battery, wire, switch and lamp
(as shown in the attached image)
- When you draw a wire it can connect to a component, so when you move the component on screen,
everything connected moves with it.
- Multiple wires can be joined together but are treated as the same wire,
- When you highlight an area using the mouse, everything in side the highlighted area can be moved
at the same time. The wires should extend accordingly
The extra bit
When I can draw a circuit diagram as stated above, I want each component to know what it is connected to. For example battery 1 knows it is connected to wire 1, wire 1 knows it is fed from battery 1 and it feeds switch 1 and switch 2, switch 1 knows it is fed from wire 1 and feeds wire 2 and so on.
I want to be able to draw the attached simple circuit and for all the components to know what they are attached to.
The program can be written in VB.net (2005) or VB6. I would prefer VB6 but will accept VB.net
Please note that I am looking for each component to be its own object as I will be looking to develop them further to include extra functionality.