I need someone to make an example of how to create a graphics window in VB.net 2005.
I understand the basics of how to draw a rectangle and lines etc.
What I need is an example of how to make a window that goes in a form that does the following:
1. When the application is run, the form has a graphics area within the form (not the entire form) colored white.
2. Two text boxes (not in the graphics area) for data entry used to define the start and end of a line.
3. Three text boxes (also not in the graphics area) to define the center of a circle and the radius of the circle.
3. A button that if the text boxes have dimensions in them and the user presses the button the line and circle will be drawn in the graphics area.
4. If the dimensions of the line or circle would be beyond the graphics area, the line and circle should be drawn but they should not extend beyond the graphics area. This need to work for any object drawn in the graphics area without computing the limits of the object to fit in the area.
5. A control to set the scale of the display in the graphics area so that the user can zoom in or out.
6. A control to pan the graphics area so that the user may have a close look at small area of the graphics window. This might be done with scroll bars on the borders of a window, or mouse action in the graphics area.
The idea of this project is, I have some data that I want to draw graphs of so I need a window area to draw them in. I did some experiments using basic rectangles and lines using GDI but I found that if the graph wend outside the rectangle it just drew it on the form, so I need some help to make a window to draw in.