You will be working with a 2003 MS Access database. Your goals for this project will be as followed. More detailed instructions will be given upon starting the project. You will also be required to be able via IM chat to discuss questions and problems that may arise.
1. You will need to create a counter that pulls the number to start with for the counter from a text file that you will create and store on the root of the C drive (C:). So each time your code runs it will look at the text file located at C:[url removed, login to view] and starts the counting process from that number. Once the code completes it will need to remove that number from the text file and put the number that would be next on the counter in that text file. If the file exists already it should just grab that number and start the counter process.
2. You will use that counter to replace the IDs that are located in the files. Not all files have an ID column so it will be your job to create a column that will appear in column D pushing the other columns to the right.
a. For example your code will start the process on the first table and find out what number it should start with from the text file. It will then check to see if the table has a column named ID if it doesn’t then it will create it in Column D pushing the other columns right. It then will implement the counter starting with the number in the text file and adding one for the records in the table. It then will proceed to the next table and do the same thing but starting the counter with the number that would be next in the counting process.
3. You then will use the relationship tables and replace the Name field with the matching ID for that record.
4. Once this step is complete you will copy the IDs into name fields for specific tables that I tell you to.
a. For example Table C will need have to have the name column and the ID column with the same matching ID.
5. Once step 4 completes you will need to code a procedure that will jump into the relationship files and replace the Name field with the matching ID for that record that you created in step 4.
6. You then will extract certain tables and queries (which we will tell you) into a folder called Data that is stored on the C: drive.
7. Close Access
18 freelancers are bidding on average $139 for this job
I am doing projects in home for a leading VB Software development company in chennai for 3 years . So i can easily grasp your idea and deliver the project in quick turn around