It is an existing Access 2000 project wich has been originaly written for that customer by an unknown german programmer. This programmer is out of reach since years. after that an other german programmer has taken the project, but he has a now job somwhere else now and no time and passion to continue the project.
the task to do are basicly eliminate some bugs (they are rare now since the programm runs since years, but here are a few) and to do enhancement work as the customer specifiys.
i myself am capable of programming access 2000 but havent done this for years now. I do neiter have time to re-learn access 2000 nor to i have the time for detailed codework
so i want to hire a programmer to to fix bugs found (and documented) and build some enhancements on an incident base.
The work would be done on via the internet. You would get access to a virtual Machine hosting the files and services, this would be a development and testing environment on my cluster. From time to time i would update it with live customer data, so you have a real-world data copy from time to time.
When we established a trustworty relationship you can also copy the data to your machine, do the work there and upload again, but finaly functionality has to be proven on the virtual machine as a reference.
When you finished your work, i would update the customer environment.
The workflow would be orgnaized like:
- an incident is defined by me by mail to you, containing the details of the problem or enhancement, for example "on Form Auftragserfassung field price cant be updated"
- you send back your work/time/costs estimated for example "this will take aprox 3 hours (xx$/€) to fix"
- i will agree or ask for clarifaction
- you will do the work and send back the fixed Code/Database and your real work/time/cost information
- i will verify the functionality. If positive you get payed immediatly this incident.
- all Codeworks has do be done UNENCRYPED/WITHOUT PASSWORDPROTECTION. All legal rights on the code are transfered to me after payment.
All this work would be some hours work a month, this is not a full time project, but i expect, if you take this job and do good work, that you will be in this project for years.
If you can read german, there is some documentation as well.
MS Access developer with more than 7 years of experience. I already have clients that i work in similar manner, on demand and on hour [url removed, login to view] check PM for further details.
19 freelancers are bidding on average $33/hour for this job
Hello. We are a German Company with 2 dedicated specialists in MS Office applications based on the VBA programming. German speaking. Also working onsite is possible.
I am a new freelancer here. I have about 4 years of development experience using various tools. But unfortunately I was out of field for about 1 year but now I am back to the field. I can work for you.