As you know already about my content type which can be added to the document [url removed, login to view] we have website and sub websites and some website use this content type in document library. I have make a aspx page with Tree View Control and Bind it with Web Site Name and document library which uses my content type. And I put page into the Layout folder so it can be access by any website. This page is access by custom action menu of the document library documents. Main reason of this page is to Move document from one library to other library.
Now requirement is if want to move document in document library itself it will work very good. But if we want to move from one website document library to another website document library. It is giving error.
I will attach the page with this mail. Kindly rename the page to .aspx You can change code of the page to full feel requirement.
Here is what the requirements are
1. Select a file/folder and click on Move... on the context menu
2. Popup dialog opens up showing all the libraries which uses our content type
3. we select the desination folder and click on "Move..." button, which should copy the files/folder from source to destination. Here is what the problem is do we need to set the content type. Its mandatory to set the content type ass we have more than one for doc lib. This what Im referring to...
I did understand the task well. If we are moving document from one lib to other lib, are we not suppose to set the Content Type or use the default content type.
1. We are moving documents from one document Library to other document library
2. We are copying in the same site and also may be from one site to other site collections.
3. We are moving only files or folders as well.
4. The code which you sent across shows only site --> document lib(using content type) --> folders. Yea exactly it is like that. I had sent you other wsp also, when u install that new feature will come in your site, which you have to activate and when u activate it. Then in the document library new custom action menu for documents. so when u click that it will pop up my code page that I sent. so u can select folder and click on move.
5. We have this hierarchy
MySite 1 --> MyLib1 --> Foler 1, folder 2 , n number of folder
MySite 1 --> MyLib1, MyLib2 may be n number of Library
Same scenario for other websites also.