You have experience in building, designing & rebuilding Ning-based websites/networks.
I have a website on the Ning platform. The basic layout is fine, but has been similar for over a year, so the project is a makeover for my site. I still use the old Ning layout, not the new "Design studio". The design studio gives more control over the appearance, but the current layout cannot be directly transferred (you must choose a new basic layout etc.). In this project, you will convert my existing website to the "design studio" and give it a fresh appearance. A picture of the current layout is attached (my site is in Finnish, but you can use the "test network" tool in English).
NOT a completely new look, though. It is very important that all old content remains accessible and looks ok. Also, it is very important that the site has my company's look (colours, logos, etc.).
You will receive via e-mail
- my company's ads and brochures. I have tried to keep a consistent look and the website should remain within the frames of this look.
- Info about colors & fonts that I usually use in ads etc.
- Logos etc. that you can use (you can ask better-quality versions of any graphics currently on the site)
- A set of photos that you can use for background / banner images. Right now, I have a photo slider on the page (under the navigation bar on the left) and I would like to have a slider with different images in the future as well. However you should at least partly replace the images with new ones and maybe change the size / place of the slider.
So, in short the work that needs to be done is this:
1) Do the makeover using Ning's test network feature for my site. Use the new design studio to form a more modern look for my pages. Use the photos provided for more graphics (background etc. and the slider) on the page.
- I will give my comments and directions, you do some corrections until the result is fine
2) Once approved, you apply the appearance in my actual Ning network. You should also send me your notes (what font / color you have used where etc.) for future reference. If you need, we can change the network's language to English for a couple of hours (we can agree on a time frame) so that you can apply the changes more easily.
Apart from Ning's appearance settings and website graphics, you will NOT change any of the actual content on the site. Only it's appearance. The end result should be similar (= navigation is the same, etc.) to my current design, but more modern and appealing.
As you are familiar with Ning and it's new design studio, this should be a relatively simple task for you. Basically just convert the current site to the "design studio" format and give it a new touch.