Thanks for your consideration of my small project. I am dipping my toe in the water with this and plan to have future project(s) of varying sizes available if this experience is positive. I have generally done most of my own work but am interested in beginning to outsource it. I apparently only know enough CSS to get myself in trouble. Design aspects are not my strong suit.
I believe this is a fairly simple project for someone who works with CSS day-in and day-out, which I do not. I would like to create one HTML page, with a CSS stylesheet, in what is essentially a fairly basic layout. Users' screen sizes and platforms vary and so do browser choices, of course, so those need to be taken into account for maximum compatibility.
Here's the general idea:
- A fixed header at the top (say 160 pixels), a fixed footer at the bottom (say 20 pixels) and two columns between them. Neither the header or footer should move/scroll at all, staying absolutely positioned.
- The left side will be a fixed width (say 210 pixels). The width of the right side is fluid (liquid) taking the remainder of the browser window width.
- The right side is going to be populated with content from various external web pages (but only one at any given time), so the width of those pages and other factors are variable and unknown. I plan to use an IFRAME element to incorporate the external pages but am open to suggestions if using it will create difficulty.
- The two columns should scroll as one, never independently. Therefore, there should only ever be one vertical scrollbar at the far right of the screen, and only when the page length of either column requires it. (Incidentally, I refer to columns throughout but only because that's how I envision it.)
- Allow full vertical scrolling so that no part of either column is ever inaccessible.
- The types of external pages to be used are generally designed to fit a variable horizontal width, so a horizontal scroll bar should only appear when absolutely necessary; in other words, the external page needs to be constrained to fit within the created IFRAME space (which has an unlimited height and a width of the available browser window to the right of the fixed left column) and not be allowed to sprawl out
- The HTML page will act as a template and will be used multiple times.
- The header, footer and left column content will be populated manually at first and then via a database.
- The background, border, text colors and so on in the attachment are just an example. There are no particular specifications with regards to these, which can simply be set for white, black, etc. I plan to tweak the colors and sizes (i.e. height of the header/footer and width of the left column) as needed.
- margin:0 padding:0
- I've used [url removed, login to view] in the attachment example to fill the IFRAME. My implementation left me with two vertical scrollbars on the right, which is not correct. This despite, or because of, the fact that the left column renders longer than the right even though the right column should be the longer of the two without the inside scrollbar.
Please let me know if I have left out anything necessary for completion. Much appreciated. Have a great day!
19 freelancers are bidding on average $64 for this job
Greetings, We are a professional web design studio providing services for Web Templates, Logo & Banner Designs, Print Design, PPT Presentation and Web Development in ASP, PHP and .NET.
Hello, I am a creative web designer/css developer. I have gone through your requirement and am interested in working on your website. Please view PM for my past works and other details.
Hi sir, we are a web design, web development expert company. We are offering an efficient, professional, friendly service. Can you check PMB for our skills and discuss with us about your project? Thanks iTcslive. :)
We can do this for you. If u want us to get things done then please revert. Its the most economical bid that we can provide . Waiting for your positive reply to serve you.
Hi, I have long time experience in web programming(HTML, PHP, CSS...)But new at getafreelancer. I think its just a simple task. and need just few hours. Thnx.. Ripon