We need coding and design of an easy app for iPhone and iPad.
The basics of this app is very simple, it only consist of a eye chart and one information screen.
But the design of the app and app icons, plus the precision of the graphics are very important.
The screens of this app:
1. Splash screen which ties the app icons and the main screen together in look and feel.
2. Main screen. A Snellen chart which must be perfectly fit to the current device screen and the meassurements in the information screen.
To read more about the meassurements, see this page: [url removed, login to view]
To see the look and feel of the snellen chart, see this page: [url removed, login to view]:[url removed, login to view]
In addition to the chart, this screen will have a simple i-icon which takes the user to the information screen.
The important part of this screen, is that the Snellen chart are sized precisely to the current device screen, so that the instructions in the information screen will be correct. For meassurements, see the first link above.
3. Information screen. A screen with instructions for the app. There need to be instructions according to the size of the app on iPhone 3G screens, iPhone 4 screens, iPad I screens and iPad 2 screens.
The instructions will be:
«How to take the test:
1. Place the chart at [x distance, where x will vary depending on device] from you.
2. Cover one eye.
3. Read the letters on each row starting at the top.
4. When you can no longer read the letters, that is the visual acuity in that eye.
A Snellen chart is an eye chart used by eye care professionals and others to measure visual acuity. Snellen charts are named after the Dutch ophthalmologist Hermann Snellen who developed the chart during 1862.
The smallest row that can be read accurately indicates the visual acuity in that eye. This line, designated 20/20, is the smallest line that a person with normal acuity can read at a distance of twenty feet.»
This text needs be localized, so we can add new languages to the app. The information screen will also contain a place for a sponsor message. The app will be shipped with a sponsor message from our company first, but we should be able to change this message by simply replacing a link and an image in the xcodeproj.
We will place money in escrow when GUI and design is approved by us.
50 percent of escrow will be released on delivery of a working app accepted by us, and the rest of escrow will be released after the app is approved by App Store.
- App must work with both iPhone and iPad, the latest iOS 5 beta and have backwards compatibility with iPhone OS 3.x.
- The app should be made for both horizontal and vertical orientations.
- Text on info screen localized to add more images.
- Copyright of completed project will be ours.
Please provide links to/examples of your iPhone apps, and start your bid with AM: so that we can see you have read this text. Bids not starting with AM: will not be contacted.
5 freelancers are bidding on average $600 for this job
confidently feel that I can make a significant contribution to your project, and I am grateful for the opportunity what will be provided by you. I humbly request you to accept myself.