--Ecommerce Website Redesign--
The job is to create an EXCELLENT website design that will produce two IMPORTANT results:
Content. Content. Content!
Whether it's a tweet, Facebook post, blog article, email link, or just old-fashioned word-of-mouth, we want people to get engaged and share our website with their friends and family. This means your design has to be exceptional and geared towards leveraging the strengths of our business to get people talking!
Maximize our conversion rate so we can increase sales per visitor. This means we'll need a great item-level design to leverage our in-house photography and movie-making capabilities.
The job is to design the following pages:
• about us
• contact us
• my account
• shopping cart & checkout
• sub category
• item level
• no templated responses; if you bid, please send us a message detailing why you are the right person for this job
• IMPORTANT! provide a list of all websites (especially ecommerce websites) that you've participated in the design of, and detail exactly what role you played in the design, i.e. the whole website, just one page, elements on a page, etc...
• good english speaking and writing skills
• timely communication through the freelancer message system (MAX 24 hour response time)
• ability to skype with us as needed (we work mon-fri 9:00-5:00 EST)
• complete the job within your proposed time-frame
• it almost goes without saying... exceptional design skills!
• we will explain the nature of our business, including its strengths that we intend to leverage (which should play a role in your design) once the job is started
• we will work with you on detailed page requirements once the job is started
• we expect you to think through the functionality of the website and its elements, so that when we hand your finished design to a programmer, they know exactly how all functionality should look and feel (i.e. how a button looks when it's pressed, the way an image roll-over works, etc...)
* note that this is a design project ONLY - no coding is necessary, but you do need to have a basic understanding of website conventions and html in order for your design to be applicable
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Updated requirements for this project:
Additional pages to design
• search results
• page not found
• my account - this page includes the login functionality, as well as subsequent informational elements such as account information, purchase history, shipping status of order, etc...