I am looking to create a user generated content site. This site will comprise of personal sport videos being uploaded by users and other users being able to view and comment on the videos. I want a modern minimalist style applied with hover or catchy effects so it captures the audience.
I want to take a different approach to webpage design and have a site that is presented in a size bigger than 1024x768. Wide rather than tall and skinny. I want the main pages to be completely viewable with minimal scrolling down.
I want 5 pages designed with effects that stand out:
- Homepage - this page will have 9 small images with hover over effects, A video from youtube linked and able to play and a join/register button that enables users to join. Some small text will be added and a website navigation bar. Social media links such as facebook twitter, youtube to be included.
- Categories Page with brand logo images visually viewable (some additional data to appear next to the brand image when mouse hovers over logo) This page will have 50+ images all of 140 x 90 and therefore will need to be managed so its on one page. I prefer to click on a category and the available brands appear about 16 per category.
- Product page (1 large image 1400 x 730) with 3 smaller sections 500x 350) 2 of these are images and one is text. I require image mapping on the large image with a highlighting hover effect when the mouse runs over that mapped section of the image.
- A page where videos will appear. One main video and a number of smaller videos that users can browse through and click and watch. (appear like youtube layout) This will also include a comment section under the video.
- a generic webpage template applying the same theme as the above designs but with the ability to change the title. This page will be copied for a About page, Contact us page, whats new, etc and therefore is not required to be overly detailed like the above.
If happy with the design, look and feel I will want additional features added to the site which requires coding (user database features for Videos)
As stated this is a design project (phase 1) and not so much involved in the technical coding aspects of user databases. Technical aspects are Phase 2.
I have all images and text ready to go - so this is purely layout and making it look nice. I have attached my mock up designs. This is purely to show what the images look like so you can create a design of that
I'm a free-lance designer, specialized in creating websites with visual flair that are user-friendly and built according to your business needs. kindly check your inbox for more details thanks