I am looking for a developer or group of developers who can create an iOS and Android compatible magazine-like application for tablet and smartphone. This application needs to include the backend UI to publish the magazine content.
- End product is a downloadable application which provides a presentation framework and UI to deliver text, images and video
- Overall project involves building a base level application which largely a container for 'magazine' editions
- Similar in concept to GQ, WIRED apps that already exist, however I would like three tiers. Base container > subject area > magazine editions
- Base container app should have multiple 'tabs' for home page information, updates/news, FAQ and a tab where subject areas are displayed
- Clicking on subject areas moves to screen with all 'magazine' editions related to subject area
- Magazine editions should be entirely self contained, downloadable and purchaseable, with an index/table of contents and deliver text, images and video as mentioned.
- Content should work offline, except for links and web dependent content, which will work when there is an internet connection
- Backend/Publisher framework needed as well. Framework should make it very easy for non IT users to update the home page/news, create/update subject areas and create magazine editions. This should be web based, open to suggestions.
- Purchasing of magazines should be possible via relevant marketplace (e.g. iTunes)
- Updates should be deliverable via standard iOS and Android mechanisms
- Security required to ensure users can authenticate and only have access to the content they have paid for
- UI should be smoothly and efficient. Preferably smooth continuous scrolling like Google+.
- needs to work across tablet and smart phone devices on both Android and iOS
- linking to googlemaps is important
- offline maps also important
- ability to add comments to articles, provide feedback to editor is important
- linking to tripadvisor and other review websites is important
- publishing to apple and google stores part of project
Non development tasks required as part of project:
- Advisory on what is achievable for a particular budget and timeframes required
- Advisory on any additional backend required to support application
- PoC and UAT mandatory
- Post implementation warranty period
Please make sure you have references and show cases I can review.
I am on a tight budget but feel free to pitch a price you think is fair. Many thanks in advance and let me know if you have questions.