Please read the entire description before applying. The successful applicant must have a comprehensive portfolio of graphic designs for the web available. Canned and generic replies will not be read or considered. Please respond to the specific project needs that are detailed below.
We are a large travel company and always have a lot of different projects in progress at any time. We are looking to add a regular illustrator/designer to our team who would be available when there is a project need.
Here is our current project need:
We are members of Yootheme and have taken one of their Wordpress themes (Vox) at [url removed, login to view] to create a master template using multiple shortcodes to replicate to other domains in the destination wedding niche. We need a skilled graphics designer to take this theme and our modifications and make it into a professional state-of-the-art appealing template. See a sample website at [url removed, login to view] Following is an initial task list that may or may not be all encompassing. Your designs may bring additional elements into the project.
Initial Task List
1) Create a new color scheme that properly reflects the niche “beach wedding.” The company colors are orange and blue, which can be seen in the Traveloni logo ([url removed, login to view]). We understand this may not be the best colors for this niche and are open to suggestions. This may also require a new Traveloni logo (color change only) to match the new theme. We have attached some samples of the graphic files used in the theme for your reference.
2) New banner and possibly a new background. We like the light and open feeling of a white site, but are not opposed to a tasteful background. All text in the banner needs to be actual text and not embedded in a graphic.
3) Create a new graphic for the “We’re here to help” section. This needs to be a strong call to action. The new graphic will also need a vertical version to replace the “Free wedding consultation” graphic on the left sidebar.
4) Create a new "the info you need" graphic. Current one looks unprofessional: font is poorly aliased or has scaling artifacts, "e" in package is right by the groom's head, etc.
5) Create main “wedding” graphic for homepage. This graphic should show the elegant yet exciting aspects of a beach wedding.
6) Create any badges/banners (see attached) needed to match niche. These are helpful in drawing attention to certain widgets throughout the site and the current set isn’t applicable.
7) Replace any graphics, i.e. footer images that will clash with new color palette.
The final graphics produced for the initial project will need to be provided in source form (e.g. Photoshop or Gimp layered files etc.). Attached you will find an archive of some sample components.
Additionally, we'll require the candidate to be available on Skype for text/chat interaction with other team members while working on the project (in whatever time zone).
In addition to supplying us with YOUR (not your company or team member’s) portfolio, tell us about your experience with Wordpress themes and address our specific project needs. Replies with project ideas/modifications from candidates will be seriously considered.
We look forward to your responses.
6 freelancers are bidding on average $490 for this job
We have around 60+ designers and developer working round the clock. we also work on wordpress on a very regular basis hence we can assure you that you can get the best quality at a very competitive price.