I've been wanting to do this project. So I am glad the poster created the verbiage (it was perfect). I want the exact same items as posted below.
Bluetooth Proximity Marketing Software to load and install in a mini computer or access servers to broadcast out nearly any type of file to cell phones and PDA within its broadcasting range.
The software/server application must be written in Linux.
Please see bluegiga .com for server info
* Control Remotely from Internet
* Automatic Network Detection
* Control one or many servers
* Control days , hours to run campaigns
* Create zones with mulitple servers
* Assign a campaign to a zone
* Remotely reboot from the internet
* Run with or without a network connection
* View success failure data updated hourly
* Password protected for leasing applications
* Plug and Play technology
Newly added descriptions:
1. Application must be programmed in Linux
2. Application must be able to deliver to as many Bluetooth devices as possible
3. Please look at [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] throughout to get an idea as to the kind of program we like to have when completed.
4. On the application itself:
a) We should be able to deploy it to a central server for us to manage all the access points via a web interface
b) A billing aspect should be built in for us to manage licensing of the product, daily, weekly, monthly yearly automatic invoicing. Same options should be available to resellers.
c) A data base must be built from all the historical devices to seek patterns of downloads versus devices discovered, times of days when it is more effective, times, days, dates etc...Graphical interpretation of such data
d) Option to send different campaigns from each Bluetooth access point in the networks via the web based application.
Other Common features
1. Tracking of devices historically so that the same content is not delivered to the same device twice
2. Dispatching specific content files randomly and/or in one order and on time based.
3. History must be maintain so that a profile is built on a device using perhaps their IDs.
3. Content delivered should be by Permission only.
4. Automatic campaign programming for delivery at certain specified minutes, hours, days, years, random, etc.
5. Content to be delivered is whatever the Bluetooth device would handle (Video, images, animations, vcards, games etc.)
6. Change name of the device
Any recommendations will be considered
If you have a working application similar to our project submit screen shots and demos for review