i need to build a site that will accept cards and netbanking for epayment.
gateway with lowest costs is required since initial volumes will naturally be low for any new website.
prior experience with developing ecommerce sites is a must.
merchant description in card statement must be customisable to reduce chargebacks due to fixed names in transactions.
if the site breakseven [full recovery of all costs] then ios and andriod apps will also need to be developed in future phases
the following costs would be counted towards your freelancer budget so you are expected to negotiate the best deal with the vendors:
Payment Gateway Charge:
use following sites as a baseline to determine scope of work:
[url removed, login to view] [visa only, no mastercard]
[url removed, login to view] [postpaid also with service charge]
pilot scope [1st milestone]:
- no login / registration required for payment
just enter phone and amount for topup like offline / shop payment
- users can choose to do 3rd party login [fb, twitter, yahoo, google, etc]
this will maintain a transaction history to repeat a recharge quickly
- if email/mobile is provided, invoice for each successful payment will be sent via mail/sms
- if operator does not accept payment, refund to card should be automatic without customer intervention
- FAQ, sitemap
- remember login option
- admin pages for setting fees, managing users / logins etc
phase 1 scope [2nd milestone]:
- provision for 'early bird' discounts, service charges [not service tax], loyalty bonuses [with login] for repeat customers
- 1 reward point for each rs. spent in srvc chgs [after login]
- encashment of reward points [total lifetime fees paid] into
a] free foot massages or
b] free email support or
c] free phone support or
d] free sms alerts [domestic numbers only] for any transactions
- integration with google maps for locating participating rewards stores
- SEO, email, sms campaigns to promote site
- postpaid bill payment of all operators like paytm with fees
- password strength meter during registration [1st party only]
risk factors to keep in mind:
1. some payment gateways refuse to deal with individuals - only corporates are permitted
2. others require current a/c while i have savings only
3. some will not be able to display website name in the merchant description for card transactions
this increases the possibility of disputes with the card issuer on chargebacks
4. some require a trade license which i don't have currently
i will pay for firm registration and domain costs but who has the lowest charges for doing this work?