I am a new teeny-tiny manufacturer of organic skincare designed for women over 35. My background - oddly enough - is in high tech. I was a programmer back in the dark age days of mainframes and currently do my own edits to the website. I chose the Volusion platform because I thought it would be a cost-effective solution for me as a startup.
As you know, Volusion code is often embedded in layers that are not straightforward or easily accessible. There are fixes, updates and additions that need to be done to my website that I cannot do myself because a. I am already wearing all the hats I can fit on my head (I do not have any employees to help me out) and b. I cannot afford to take the time to figure out how to do the less obvious fixes. That's where you come in.
Here are the general specs for the project:
This project is in 2 stages: The first stage involves removing the current logo, adding the rest of our product line to our e-commerce site, and offering product information to the public. The second is to modify the design once our re-branded look is complete and sync the website with the look.
The nitty gritty:
1. Remove our lady logo. Our logo is changing as we are in the process of re-branding. We can fix the site to make it pretty later. Right now it needs to be functional and a source of information for potential clients.
2. Correct the tag line to say “created by women for women” not: for women by women.
3. Add new products to the product catalogue (bet 5 -7 new products) with thumbnail pictures that can be enlarged and when clicked on, link to individual product pages.
4. Add pricing for all products
5. Buy now button on home page needs to be corrected to link to page with all product thumbnail sketches – not just to the Breast SOS page
6. Add new tab on toolbar called Community. Sub-categories to include and link to:
Our company in the News (blog)
New Scientific Research
Retail establishments that carry our products
Links to other vendors with products or services that are of interest to women
7. Add a poll asking women to name their biggest beauty concerns and tell us which of these they would like to see us address in our future products.
8. Add the following logos to site:
a. Compact for Safe Cosmetics
b. Breast Cancer Fund logo
c. IUCC for Global Cancer Control
d. Indie Beauty Network
9. Customize SEO to override the standard Volusion configuration for SEO and improve company visibility and ranking.
Please take a look at the current website at [url removed, login to view] and give me a realistic estimate of both time and labor for both stages of this re-design.
I appreciate your consideration and look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.