We need to create website(s) where our customers can order the products we warehouse for them.
We don’t know much about how websites work, so glad to get your suggestions if we’re heading down the wrong track.
Here’s how we imagine it:
1. Customer visits our site and logs in.
2. When they login they see all the products we hold in stock for them with their logo on it. E.g. ABC Company can see the Pens, polo shirts, rulers, clocks, mugs we have here with their logo on them.
3. They can see the price per item, quantity available in stock, etc
4. Fill in quantity, ship to address etc, submit order
5. The site sends us an email with their order
We’d like to set this up for many different customers and don’t want to pay hundreds of dollars to set up each one (and don’t want to pay separate monthly hosting for each one). Can you somehow make it reskinnable or something. Maybe the layout of each site identical, just different logo in header for each different customer who logs in. E.g. ABC Company logs in and sees their logo at the top and their products. XYZ Company logs in and they see XYZ logo at top and their products.
There are examples out there we can direct you to if this doesn’t make sense.
There are existing systems out there which do all this but we’ve found we’d need to pay substantial $ for each customer’s we set up, and separate ongoing monthly hosting/subscription fees. This makes it prohibitive to add the next 5 or 10 customers we have in mind…