The objective of the proyect is to develop a web based GIS application that will allow our clients to view our custom made street maps of the country, our extensive database of potential clients for their businesses, and upload their own GIS data to analyze or compare with ours. It must be, at least initially, based on open software such as Geoserver, Google Maps API, MySQL, etc., and be flexible enough to permit addition of new functionality as it becomes necessary (in the future, GPS tracking, integration with mobile applications, etc.).
We are looking for a long term relationship with a developer and you will be called upon for more work continuously as we support, maintain and upgrade the platform according to the demands of our users.
Basic functionality required for the application:
1. The display of our custom street maps using WMS to overlay tiles on the Google Maps API or a similar method, you will be required to set this up using Geoserver or whatever other open platform you can recommend, all our maps use the WGS84 datum and will be provided in shapefile or any format you specify.
2. The display of our database of businesses in the country in the aforementioned map. We currently have a database of some 17,000 POIs that need to be displayed on our map and divided by categories, the system must be able to display this database and allow the users to examine it, changing icons or colors, or displaying or hiding data according the the user's input. Our database is already geocoded and contains all information required for this (X and Y coordinates, type, full contact information and a picture of the POI's storefront or main entrance).
3. The possibility for users to upload their own POI data or for us to upload custom made POI data for them, users must be able to analyze this data in much the same way as they can our main database, they must also be able to manually add points using the map window.
4. The system must be able to handle polygons as well, whether provided by us already (state and county lines, neighborhood boundaries, etc.), uploaded as shapefile or KML files by the user or drawn by the user directly on the map. Other than displaying these regions, the system must be able to display basic statistical information regarding the selected polygon, for example, upon clicking on a certain neighborhood the system will display the number of POIs that are in that region, divide them by type and show other information included in the database, such as how many of them are currently active clients of the user.
All this information must be available individually for each user account, keeping always in mind the privacy of the user's data.
Future desired functionality that must be considered in the initial design but will be contracted separately:
1. GPS tracking, we use a tracking application provided by our trusted GPS manufacturer in order to offer fleet tracking services to our clients, in the future, we would like this functionality to be integrated into the GIS Web Application using GPS Gate or similar technologies. This would allow the user to, for example, view their sales or distribution staff as they move along the coverage areas they have defined in the system and as they stop on the POIs in the database.
2. We use the Open Data Kit suite (ODK Collect and ODK Aggregate, [url removed, login to view]) to collect field data for our database, a direct connection between ODK Aggregate and the GIS Web Application, or the development of a separate Android application that could inject data into it would be a very desirable feature.
Any additional information you need is available uppon request, we already have a basic system in place that does not meet our users' requirements, you will be granted access to this site so you can examine the work that has already been done and decide if you can expand upon it or if a new system must be designed from scratch.
Fluency in english or spanish is expected
11 freelancers are bidding on average $3868 for this job
I have gone through your requirements and ready to assign my team for this GIS Web Based Application, please check your inbox and decide the best team for this project Regards, Tarun