1.0 Project Overview
ADEA Power Consulting is a private consulting company specialising in providing
consultancy services for the power industry, including the power generation transmission
and distribution sectors.
2.0 Target Audience
The primary audience of the website will be companies in the power industry seeking expert
advice and consulting services. Secondary audience people seeking employment.
It is safe to assume that users will have some internet knowledge, however it is not
safe to assume that they will be experts. Therefore the site will need to be user-friendly and
easy to navigate.
3.0 Information Architecture, Functionality, Design & Coding
3.1 Information Architecture / site structure
• In order to create a satisfactory user experience, some time need be spent assessing
relationships between content on the site, and how / where that content is displayed.
• Will be intuitive and well structured, allowing easy, self-explanatory access
3.4 Visual Design
• Will complement and develop the ADEA Power Consulting brand, and will be vibrant,
fresh and professional, while reflecting current web design practices.
3.5 Content Management System (CMS) Option
• A CMS will be implemented, allowing easy updating of content pages on the site.
• The site will feature an integrated contact form, to make the contact process easier
and to limit spamming issues.
• A news section with archiving by month will be implemented.
3.8 Data tracking
• Analytics software will be incorporated, allowing accurate user information and
allowing targeted marketing.
3.9 Site coding
• The site will be coded to ‘web standards’ - established technologies for creating and
interpreting web-based content. These technologies are carefully designed to deliver
the greatest benefits to the greatest number of web users while ensuring the long-term
viability of any document published on the Web. Designing and building with these
standards simplifies and lowers the cost of production, while delivering sites that are
accessible to more people and more types of Internet devices. Sites developed along
these lines will continue to function correctly as traditional desktop browsers evolve,
and as new Internet devices come to market.
[url removed, login to view] Search Engine Optimisation
• The site will be built so as to be search engine friendly ie. easier for people to find
using Google and other search engines.