I'm planning to start an eBay like auction site to sell and buy used textbooks for college students in India.
Being a student myself and having no knowledge about web designing, etc., I'd like to choose wordpress for the implementation of my website.
I've already decided to use "Auction Press" ([url removed, login to view]) for my website.
But the "Auction Press" theme doesn't fulfill all of my needs. Hopefully, the code of the theme can be modified.
I'm planning not to charge users to obtain the services of my website. All of the revenue I'm planning to generate will have to come from Google Adsense.
Please checkout [url removed, login to view]
As of now, the "Auction Press" theme can support only listing/bidding/buying. It can't accept payments for the actual goods, like eBay. I'd also like to keep it that way. I'd like my users to contact the buyer/seller and decide their own payment/shipping methods. So, the purpose of my site, is just to facilitate sellers and buyers a common place for their needs.
Below is a list of main features I want in my website.
1) Enable users to register/login/post comments using Facebook Connect
2) Create a Facebook Application through which Facebook users can search for listings/bid for listings in my website
3) Pulling out information about a book from the internet just by entering the ISBN number of a book and filling the fields automatically, while creating a new listing
4) Enable users to invite their friends from Facebook/GMail/Twitter/etc,
5) Upon successful buying/selling, the users must enter details about payment and shipping to the other party
6) Create a mobile version of the website
7) Few other little modifications
Most of the work just involves around setting up plugins from Facebook, etc into my website.
Respond if interested.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $188 for this job
Hi, We have a ready built Auction Script with CMS controls. Please check the PM and find the DEMO details and Complete Feature List. We suggest a User License that fits to your budget. Please check it. Thanks