This is an online assessment tools for teachers and school senior leaders to be able to assess, log and track the progress of children with special educational needs. It will focus on the assessment of children’s functional skills (i.e. communication, emotional development, focus and engagement, physical development and social development) which form a significant part of a child with special educational need’s learning in school, in addition to their academic achievements.
The product will allow teachers to show a child’s progress in these vital areas by recording real time events that take place in the classroom and using this as evidence. The teacher will then write a brief description of the observation and attach the correct functional skills objectives to reflect the progress of the child. These objectives have been written by me and can then be selected by the teacher from the 1-6 level scale. The observation is then saved and posted to the site.
Over time, teachers will make ongoing assessments for each child, consequently recording and evidencing a child’s progress in each of the six functional skill areas.
A second stage of the project is to add the UK educational assessment objectives for children with special needs, so that both functional skill development and academic achievements can be logged and tracked over time.
The ultimate goal is that parents would then be linked to the child’s profile, being notified when a new assessment has been made about their child. Parents can then log on and see the progress of their child. However in the first instance, I am just looking for the teacher capabilities
A final stage of the project is to add a reports function so teachers can pull off data of a single child or a cohort of children to show their progress in functional skills, which can then be used for OFSTED inspections and alike.
Once all is up and running successfully on the site, I would need this to be developed into an APP so it can be used on an ipad device, however, in the first instance I am looking for the functional website programme only.
• The website to be built – this needs to be in a format that I can manage the back office myself – therefore not HTML
• The programme/software to be created
• Membership capabilities – each teacher will need a login
• A professional website
• A website that is 100% secure as children’s data will be held on this
• A website/programme that is 100% clean
• A website/programme that can converted into an app form
• English speaker, ideally native, if not a very high standard of English
• Someone with a clear understanding of the project
• Good communication and regular updates on each stage of the progress of the project
• Someone who is willingly to make adaptations and changes as needed
• Someone who is willingly to work together long term to develop the further stages of the project
• Clear time scales for each stage of the project and pricing