Advance Family Planning (AFP) is seeking a graphic design consultant to provide technical expertise to develop print and digital materials for an estimated 200 hours of work/ 25 days from February 1, 2022, to February 1, 2023.
Advance Family Planning (AFP) aims to increase financial investment and political commitment needed to enable all women and girls, regardless of where they live, to access quality, voluntary family planning. Based in the Population, Family and Reproductive Health Department of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and led by the Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health, AFP and its partners advocate to expand access to lifesaving contraceptive information, services, and supplies.
• Meets with communications team to determine the scope and needs of each communication product as needed.
• Plans concepts by studying information and materials.
• Illustrates concepts by designing rough layout of arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic components.
• Incorporate brand guidelines in every concept.
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
• Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
Graphic Designer Qualifications/Skills:
• Graphic design skills including experience in publication layout and optimizing design for digital publications
• Time-management and communication skills
• Strong analytical skills with experience in data visualizations preferred
• Ability to support projects with short timelines and longer-term projects with multiple components
• Experience in standard design software/platforms and willingness to design in Microsoft PowerPoint or Word if needed
• Experience with Squarespace and web design preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Five to eight years of experience in graphic design
Please see the contact information in the uploaded document