The project is for kids between the ages of 10-15 and involves learning the basics of flight, then each child involved will receive a drone that they will have hands on training applying the principals of flight engaging the fun of flying the drone.
Once this phase is complete to some level of skill each child will be placed on a team, each team will compete in the areas of;
1. Ability to control the drone
2. Each child will fly the drone through a course (the course is included in the budget for this project) and rated by the skills demonstrated. Each team will be scored cumulatively.
3. Each team will have a vetted Mentor that will be responsible for training, building team bonding and encouragement, as well as providing sufficient safety and control.
4. The overall expectation is as follows:
*Endevour to build self esteem for each participant;
*Endevour to build team patience, pride and group camaraderie;
*Endevour to engender a sense that all teams encourage each other even through competition;
*Build this project into a city, state and possibly nationwide
5. Budget for this project is $35,000.00 which will include the development of the course, purchase of the first 25 drones, sourcing, vetting, and training the mentors, marketing, rental of a space for two offices, office equipment, legal, and accounting.
6. All accounting will be provided by a CPA who is providing their time and talent on a free basis!
7. This project requires being completed by October 31, 2019