Template Design for CMS
For our new Content Management System we would like to have new and various website template designs. The designs we have now are a bit standard/boring. We would like to have a lot more templates with more eye-candy. The new designs should be more graphical, while still being usable for general purposes.
Start with making a design in 1 color, and send it to us for approval. When we approve the design we would like 7 other color variations. Keep that in mind while designing. We only need the Photoshop file, you don’t have to slice it up. HTML files aren’t necessary either.
You can use photo’s but choose generic ones. Photo’s of computers for instance are too specific, photos of people on the other hand are good, because they are generic.
We would like to use this project to get to know you and your design skills better. If we like what you send in, we would perhaps have more work for you in the future.
Below you’ll find a list of specifications for the designs. We know these are quite restricted, but it is absolutely necessary that you stick to these specifications. If not, it will be hard for us to use the designs in our content management system. So read them very carefully.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them. Send us a PM.
Random design specifications:
All templates should be delivered in PSD format (Photoshop document) (HTML is not necessary)
All layers in the Photoshop document should have logical and clear names
The designs can not be based on framesets because the Content Management System doesn’t use those.
All text used in the design should be web standard (like verdana, arial, helvetica, times or courier).
Use non-antialiased text so we can have a good example of how it would ultimately look.
All text in buttons, headlines, slogan, company name etc. should be replaceable. Keep these layers in a layer group so they can be turned off quickly. Everything in the design must have a separate layer for that matter of being able to turn things on and off whenever desired.
The design should have a fixed with of maximal 760px and 100% of the browser window.
The width of the content area should be minimal 450 px. This area can’t have a gradient, and it should be able to repeat (expand downwards).
When you use photo’s in the design, make sure these are free for commercial use and check if they can be used in template distribution.
Templates must initially be made in 1 color scheme, but when approved, each design should be made available in at least 8 colors. You are free to come up with the colors, however, we decide which colors are good or not.
You can’t use any exotic/weird elements like special mail or home icons. Keep in mind that you are designing for a Content Management System and the designs should easily be used in it.
A template design must contain the following elements:(If you open the file [url removed, login to view] you can see what we mean)
1. The design should have a fixed with of maximal 760px.
2. The width of the content area should be minimal 450px.
3. A space for the company name
4. A space for a slogan, preferably not on the same line. This because of the length of the company name and slogan can have.
5. A space for logo placement (no actual logo in the design please! You can however place a dummy logo in the design just to let us know where the place will be, but make sure the layer can be turned off easily in Photoshop.)
6. Main menu (with normal, hover and visited states) It is possible to place them horizontal and vertical.
7. Sub menu (with normal, hover and visited states)
Additional and important information about menu’s: Use either dropdown or submenu-within-main-menu (sidebar). No separate main- and sub-menu is allowed.
When designing the menu, keep in mind that our customers could use long button names, and/or a lot of them. In all cases, the design should be designed for unlimited buttons.
8. Specify where the content area starts and ends (use dummy text which can be turned off easily in Photoshop using layers.)
9. First make the template design in 1 color, but keep in mind you have to make 7 other color schemes when the first one is approved.
10. Footers are allowed, but our customers can not place any content in it. The footer van only be a picture of full color.
As an example of how the Photoshop document should be delivered to us, you can take a look at example.psd.
17 freelancers are bidding on average $165 for this job
Hello Sir Please check PMB Well Quality and Strict Deadlines determines the price for this project. You get 100% Satisfaction And we can start immediately. Awaiting response... Kate...