Our team wants to build a webpage for experimental purposes. We aim to see how people imagine a specific concept without using a text description. Thus, participants in the survey would use images to describe their feelings and understandings of a specific concept. For example, how do they think about Artificial intelligence? Which picture they would use to describe AI, is it negative or positive?
In specific, we can describe briefly the project below. Besides, there is an attached wireframe that we want to have in the end.
1. The webpage needs to have a database that stores information about users and their selections on the survey.
2. The webpage database needs to connect with two platforms API: [login to view URL] and [login to view URL] The purpose is to make sure once participants complete the survey, and submit their Mturk or Prolific ID, these platforms will reward them accordingly.
3. Then, when users go into the webpage for experiments, they would choose to what extent they are familiar with the concept. For example, AI Robotics, or Deep learning.
4. After the participant's rating, we will pick which concept they are most familiar with to direct them to the relevant concept.
5. For example, if User A chooses AI robotics. He will be asked to use a search box to find relevant images that describe his concept or his imagination about AI robotics. He can not describe it using text. Relevant images here would be pulled from Google Cloud Images. Each image will contain tags and alt text, or image default description (available from Google).
6. A user will find several relevant pictures, and drags, and drops them into a white space to create a photo collage.
7. Finally, after completing the photo collage, the user will submit it. The submitted collage along with image tags and default descriptions will be sent to the Clarifai platform for analysis. This platform offer topic modeling and an unsupervised algorithm to extract the semantic meanings of the photo collage. The analyzed result will be sent back to our experimental webpage via the API of Clarifai. Analyzed results will include adjectives, short descriptions, and relevant words that represent the user's imagination about the concept.
8. The results will be presented to participants and they will examine the results, select the most relevant, and remove irrelevant ones.
Please kindly check the attached file for the wireframe.