I am packaging a Windows program with WINE, so that it can be run on the Mac, using the "WineBottler" software from [url removed, login to view]
(For reference, a similar commercial program is CrossOver, sold by [url removed, login to view], which packages Windows apps with WINE for both Mac and Linux. WineBottler, which I use, is free and only makes apps for Mac, not Linux)
Things are already mostly working, but I would like to make some further improvements, for which I need the help of someone with good knowledge of WINE.
* The package is now 180 MB, of which my program is 10MB, Windows 30MB, and the rest is WINE. I would like to know which files from WINE I can safely leave out. If you know WINE you can easily go through the folders and identify many files that are not needed for my application. (The installed copy of WINE is only needed to run my application and nothing else). I have already removed 100+MB worth of big files and folders that are obviously not needed, and the program still runs well, but there are still 150 MB. From here onward I'm not sure of what can be removed, so I would have to remove files one by one, or few at a time, and test thoroughly every time, which would take forever. But if you know what the files are for, you can selectively choose many files at the same time to remove and test, so it become more practical to do it.
* The application runs a bit slowly under WINE. I would like you to look at the configuration files and see if something can be done to improve speed and performance.
* The application now looks like an old XP program. If you happen to have some nice XP themes that work well with WINE, and you know how to set them up, that would be welcome.
* I am probably now aware of some other issues related to WINE, so I would appreciate any other advice that you can give.
* A Linux version. The package produced by WineBottler runs on OS X. I contains WINE, my app, and a few other files that launch WINE with my app on the Mac. So I wonder how hard would it be to put together a bundle that will run on Linux? The Wine+app part doesn't change, but some files will need to be set up to launch the same combo on Linux. If you know how to do that, it would be great.
It's OK if you don't know how to do all of the above tasks, as long as you can do at least some of them reasonably well.
I look forward to you bids...
Thanks and cheers :)
1 freelancer is bidding on average €166 for this job
i have read your description and got it clearly. and i am sure i can do your job as soon as you want with full of your satisfaction....please check the pm for more details......