I need several Delphi functions to be able to manage Windows system settings like: display settings, background image, screensaver, volume and sound/design scheme, ... (read on for full description)
- Compilable in Delphi XE (you'll need to make sure your code is Unicode-proof).
- The application must be working with Win7 and WinXP. There might be some differences in the APIs.
- The application must be working with both 32 and 64bit operating systems, however I don’t expect there to be any differences/additional coding for that, but still please make sure it works with 64bit as well.
- No fancy UI required. Just something to show your code works.
- Daily reports to show your progress are highly appreciated.
Your code will be used within a bigger project that already exists. Therefore it is mandatory to have the code for Delphi. There's plenty of more work to do within this project, so if you do a good job you may get more work in the future.
This project consists of several parts. To get the job and payment you'll need to complete the whole project!
There are plenty of code examples on the web. You may use them, just make sure to bring it all together cleanly and test it thoroughly.
- Get current / Set display mode (e.g. 1024x780, 32bit, 60Hz)
I found a code snippet for that, which worked fine except for it turned off Aero style on Win7. Probably only a quick adjustment required, but please look out for that.
2. Background image
- Get current / Set background settings (image location, position, color)
- List available screensavers by their names
- Get current / Set screensaver settings (Screensaver name, delay time, “on resume, password protect”)
- Get current / Set master volume (volume in 0-100, mute)
- Get current / Set microphone volume (volume in 0-100, mute)
The sound API changed from XP to Vista/7 (Wave API & Wave API). So those are basically two different implementations. However, I already brought some code snippets together to complete the first part (Get/Set master volume/mute) for XP and 7 but the code is a bit messy. I can provide you the code so you can start more easily if you want, but you might prefer to write the code yourself since you’ll get a cleaner result.
5. Sound Scheme
- List available sound schemes
- Get current / Set sound scheme (by the actual name)
If there’s no official API for that you might need to change that in the registry and notify Windows of the changes (maybe WM_SETTINGCHANGE?).
6. Design Theme
- List available design themes
- Get current / Set Windows design/graphical theme (by the theme name)
7. Time Zone
- List available time zones
- Get current / Set time zone (time zone, summer time)
8. Network location type (only for Win7)
- Get current / Set network location type (home, work, public)
See here: [url removed, login to view]
9. Power Plans/Schemes
- List available power plans/schemes (in Win7 they’re called plans, in XP they’re called schemes)
- Get current / Set power plan/scheme (by the name)
14 freelancers are bidding on average $493 for this job
i am a windows system optimizer software maker. i known how to write down the right code for delphi xe. i will wrapper it a class for you,so that you can call it smoothly.