We need Windows tools (software) developed to interface our sales/accounting software with Canada Post shipping service over an Internet connection, by way of REST or SOAP API calls. We'll call this 'shipping tool'. Our sales/accounting software is Business Vision Essentials, which is a front end to Business Vision. the back end of these is a Pervasive database. As an outline, functionally we require:
1) User will enter a sales order number in shipping tool, along with the box(es) dimensions and weight
2) Shipping tool will connect to the Business Vision Essentials database to find the SHIP-TO customer name, company, address, tel#, shipping service, etc and display on screen
3) Shipping tool will connect to Canada Post via API calls, to check our contract rates & shipping options and display on screen
4) User will select shipping option to process shipment
5) Shipping Tool will connect to Canada Post via API calls to create the shipment and retreive information for weighbill
6) Shipping Tool will print weighbill on our thermal printer
7) Shipping Tool will insert Canada Post tracking number in Business Vision Essentials database record relating to this order
Bidders must be familiary with windows programming, SQL databases, Pervasive databases and ideally BusinessVision or BusinessVision Essentials.
Future consideration may be to add same functionality for UPS shipments.
All code and programming will become the property of Aartech Canada, our company.
Some information on the REST/SOAP interface and Canada Post developer program can be found here:
[url removed, login to view]
If further details are required for an accurate bid please send a message for clarification.