I need software to play a DVD from a pre-selected "start point" on a
daily scheduled basis. I need the control panel to have four schedulers
for four DVD players. My computer will have four DVD drives loaded
with four different DVD videos. I need the video to play full-screen on
monitor #2 (see attached photos).
I need the computer to play a ".WAV" file when each video starts to play
and when each video stops. These WAV files will be a set of DTMF tones for
the purpose of "switching" a video switcher in our studio.
Here is a brief "theory of operations" for the software:
1. The operator enters information into each scheduler including
program name, start frame numbers, first playback start and stop times,
second playback start and stop times, and the days of the week for
2. The operator selects "START SCHEDULE" on the control panel.
3. When each scheduler's pre-selected START TIME is reached, the
computer plays the pre-selected "SWITCHER ON" WAV file (DTMF
tone to switch the studio video switcher).
4. The computer starts the appropriate DVD drive and plays the DVD
video from the pre-selected START FRAME on monitor #2.
5. When the pre-selected STOP TIME is reached, the computer plays
the pre-selected "SWITCHER OFF" WAV file (DTMF tone to turn off
the studio video switcher).
6 The scheduler stands by for the next START TIME.
The computer's video player software can be VLC MEDIA PLAYER. I've had
good results with this player. Please feel free to ask any questions if
you need more information to develop this software. I need this to be
created for $350 US.