Task: Complete Installation of Remote Desktop Services on Windows server 2016
I would like to connect 25-30 users on a Windows Server 2016 RDP environment via RDP clients from various Windows PCs through the internet. We will not need Remote Apps or Remote Web Access. Sessions are encrypted by a VPN tunnel.
The server machine is running within a private network. All users have to be registered via the VPN first to be able to connect to the RDP.
I am open for your suggestions in what is feasible, but I think I will need:
- Remote Desktop Session Host (for my users to connect to their session based desktops)
- Remote Desktop Licensing Server (after 120 days Microsoft wants some money I guess)
- Active Directory? (I am running Windows Server 2008 with a RDP-User group which is totally fine for me, so I was hoping not to need this AD thing).
After this task I would need further consulting in terms of RDP, so this is not a one time business.
Please give me feedback on
- How much server machines will you need?
- How much time will you need to finish the setup?
- What kind of documentation would I receive?
Thanks in advance!